1. Establish a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
2. Plan, prepare, and implement instructional activities to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles or special needs.
3. Identify, select, create, and modify instructional resources.
4. Be available to assist students via phone, computer, and email.
5. Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and develop plans for improvement.
6. Provide individual and/or small group instruction to meet student needs.
7. Meet course goals and contribute to the achievement of district-wide goals.
8. Evaluate student progress and demonstrate gains in student performance.
9. Maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
10. Communicate effectively and regularly, orally and in writing, with students, parents and other stakeholders and respond to any correspondence as evidenced in log.
11. Assist with screening, evaluating, and recommending interventions for students.
12. Complete reports, collect data, and provide information for monitoring of program and student performance.
13. Participate in school activities including, but not limited to team meetings, staff development, student outreach activities and events, home visits, presentations, and instructional tutoring.
14. Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and maintaining current and timely records including weekly student/parent contact records.
15. Grade all assignments within a 48 hour period and enter grades in Blackboard in a timely manner and maintain accurate grade books
16. Create teaching videos for students (To be archived online)
17. Enter grades in Power School SMS at marking periods
18. Performs duties related to activities required to ensure accurate and timely submission of data
19. Other duties as assigned.